We recruit accounts trainee apprentices each year to join us in late summer and provide full training for the Association of Accounting Technician (AAT) qualification. You’ll be earning while learning, and alongside your studies, you will learn on the job and get to apply your new skills in practice.
You’ll benefit from having a peer group of other trainees at various stages of studying to help you with questions and settling in, plus you’ll be working directly with partners, managers and clients from day one. Quite different to some of the larger accountancy firms!
We pay for study courses and exam fees and offer paid study leave and 20 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays) each year.
You will need a minimum of GCSE grade 5 in English and grade 6 in Maths with predicted (or achieved) A-Level grades of C or above.
Additionally, you need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Professional and mature manner
- Good communication skills
- Problem solver with good analytical skills
- Good organisation skills and time management
- A willingness to learn new tasks and are adaptable
- Strong IT skills and good knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
Once you are fully AAT qualified, you will have the opportunity to continue studying for a chartered accountancy qualification.