Whether your business is an owner-managed company or is comprised of a multinational group of companies, McBrides will ensure that you receive expert tax advice allowing you to concentrate on achieving commercial success.
Complying with tax regulations is essential, and our team will handle all interactions with HMRC, ensuring that you remain on top of your obligations.
By discussing your plans and developments in your business and personal life with us, we can provide more effective tax planning that considers the broader context and the interaction of all relevant taxes.
Just ask us to look at the tax implications of a proposed transaction and we will establish the most tax-efficient and practical way to achieve your desired commercial outcome.
Transactional tax advice we have provided covers:
- buying and selling property, including stamp duty land tax (SDLT) and annual tax on enveloped dwellings (ATED) matters
- buying and selling businesses, or business mergers and demergers
- tax structures for Employee Ownership Trusts (EOTs)
- tax efficient remuneration and profit extraction arrangements
- identifying the most appropriate and tax-efficient business structures, including incorporations
- gifting of assets
- management buy-outs or shareholder exits, including through a company purchase of own shares
- company/group reorganisations and de-grouping
Tax investigations can be intimidating, costly and impact reputations, so it is best to seek expert advice promptly.
We are experienced in dealing with many different types of tax investigations ranging from income and corporation tax through to Pay As You Earn (PAYE) and Value Added Tax (VAT). We can take responsibility for all communications with HMRC, rigorously negotiating your position to obtain the best settlement possible.
Should you need it we also offer our clients an Enquiry Protection Service to cover the costs of defending you if HMRC decides to enquire into your tax affairs.
By getting to know you and your business we can recommend relevant and beneficial tax initiatives. This could include potential for Enterprise Incentive Scheme (EIS)/Seed Enterprise Incentive Scheme (SEIS) reliefs for companies seeking investment or implementing an Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) scheme to help motivate and retain key employees. These reliefs and initiatives change over time, as do your circumstances, so regular reviews are essential.
As UKTI-accredited advisors, we work with UK-based businesses to help them understand the implications of cross border trading and how best to structure their overseas operations. We also assist businesses from outside the UK to understand and comply with obligations arising from their UK operations.
Value Added Tax (VAT) is a key factor in business cashflow and bottom-line cost. Constantly evolving case law, statute and HMRC guidance makes compliance challenging and failure to keep up to date can result in penalties, damaged reputation and/or missed opportunities.
We can provide the tax technical insights to help you achieve the best VAT outcome. This includes:
- ensuring efficient VAT structures to maximise cashflow
- VAT health checks and reviews
- VAT related to property matters and sublets
- partial exemption
- defining how VAT should be applied to international transactions